Mini Festchrift to Bernard Lonergan
In 1985, Compass: A Jesuit Journal published a mini-festchrit (an edited volume honouring a respected person containing contributions from his/her colleagues, pupils and friends). This special issue includes:
- the Lonergan family by Valentine Rice
- personal tributes from William Stewart, Tad Dunne, Bernard Tyrell, Bill Ryan, Joseph Komonchak, Tim Fallon, Michael Vertin and Sebastian Moore
- reflections on his institutional impact from Charlotte Tansey, Sean McEvenue, Charles Hefling, Pat Byrne and Mark Morelli
- reflections on the reach of his work from Phil McShane, Matthew Lamb, Hugo Meynell, Bob Doran, Harvey Egan and Fred Lawrence, and
- the funeral homily by Fred Crowe.
(Click on the image to download this special issue of Compass)